Pedal the Springs Podcast + 719 Ride
It's Worth a Listen
Torie Giffin, self-appointed ambassador for cycling in Colorado Springs, founder and owner of the Buffalo Lodge Bicycle Resort, past organizer of the Colorado Springs Chick-fil-A Ride for Heroes, staunch supporter of the 719 Ride, human extraordinaire AND host of the Pedal the Springs cycling podcast graciously dedicated an episode of the Pedal the Springs podcast to all things 719 Ride.
Episode 12 of the Pedal the Springs podcast aired May 24, 2022 and revealed:
- What the 719 Ride is about.
- How the 719 Ride came to be.
- What the essence of the 719 Ride is.
- How the 719 Ride route was chosen and The Course That Cannot Be Defeated was born.
- What the appeal of the 719 Ride is.
- How the 719 Ride became the official cycling event of the 2022 Rocky Mountain State Games.
- What the future may hold for the 719 Ride.
- Why a non-passionate rider of bikes might want to do the event.
Guests of the Pod:
- Chris Giovagnoni, Originator and Imagineer of the 719 Ride
- Shelbi Lowery, Event Coordinator Colorado Springs Sports Corp
- Jimmy Clere, 719 Ride participant [featured in the photo above]
- Patrick Flowers, 719 Ride participant
The next blog post at the pointy end is...
Getting Started With Training for Cycling
How do I get started training for a cycling event? Should my training focus on high intensity work or on longer duration workouts? Daniel Matheny, Head Coach at Matheny Endurance, let’s us know.
Amazing Strength: A Cycling Hymn
“Amazing Strength” is a cycling hymn with words written by The Course That Cannot Be Defeated, a relentless, unwavering route without end.
1911 Tour de France
The 1911 Tour de France was the ninth edition of the race. It consisted of 15 stages and included the race’s first foray into the high Alps.
The Tour is a fun, fast, and entertaining tale celebrating cycling and the Tour de France while acknowledging a sad part of cycling’s past. It’s Jan Ullrich finishing second in the doping marred 1998 Tour de France.
The Race harnesses the sensations of the best ride of your life and the thrill of the most electrifying race you’ve ever watched. It’s not a novel about cycling. It IS cycling!
A Race for Madmen
A Race for Madmen gives context and color to the legendary stories that have made it into our collective cycling consciousness. It’s like a well-executed team time trial — graceful, fluid and a beautiful thing to experience.
It’s All About the Bike
A devotional to one of humankind’s greatest inventions, It’s All About the Bike celebrates the tradition, lore and beauty of bicycles. It delivers a mature winning performance that can be appreciated for its simplicity, elegance and manner.
Pedalare! Pedalare! is light on tales of racing, heavy on the analysis of Italian society, generous with introductions to notable Italian cyclists and absorbed with The Golden Age of Italian Cycling. It performs well, deserves respect and is worth a read.
An Essay by The Course That Cannot Be Defeated
I am untiring. I do not succumb. I am never-ending and always ready for another lap. I am a route without end. Do you have what it takes to go five laps with me?