Choose Your Own Adventure
Ride as many or as few laps as you want
All of the Personal Challenge Ride distance options take you away from The Couch of Potato and through The Door of Personal Excellence. The Personal Challenge Ride puts you in charge of The Course That Cannot Be Defeated and allows you to define how much suffering your "sufferfest" serves up.
Forty percent of 719 Ride participants complete complete just two or three laps, but there's nothing wrong with riding just one.
This is our signature ride. I Cinque Giri. Five laps. 9,190' of elevation gain.
Mile for mile, our signature ride is one of the most challenging single-day road cycling events in Colorado. The amount of elevation gain is so awesome and ridiculous we created the Epic Climbing Score (ECS) to quantify it, and we pronounce it excess. It's glorious!
This is how other Colorado road cycling events compare to I Cinque Giri (127.82 of ECS).
- Pikes Peak Cycling Hill Climb — 4,725' of elevation gain in 12.4 miles. Of course it's the King of Excess (380.43 ECS), it's America's Mountain.
- Bob Cook Memorial Mount Evans Hill Climb — 7,000' of elevation gain in 28 miles. It is truly excessive (250 ECS).
- Park 2 Park Challenge — 11,251' of elevation gain in 99.4 miles. 113.19 ECS.
- Triple Bypass — 120 miles and three mountain passes for those who dare. 10,990' of total elevation gain. 91.58 ECS.
- Buffalo Cycling Classic Buff Epic — 102 miles. 8,729' of elevation gain. 85.58 ECS.
- Copper Triangle — 6,500' of elevation gain. Three mountain passes. 79 miles. 82.28 ECS.
- Stonewall Century — Out and back over Cucharas Pass. 102 miles and 7,500' of elevation gain. 73.53 ECS.
- Tour of the Moon — 64 miles. Three tunnels bored through solid rock. Nearly 4,000' of elevation gain. 61.68 ECS.
- Elephant Rock — 5,700' of elevation gain in the 100-mile road ride. 57 ECS.
Add another level of climbing lunacy to your day with our Epic Elevation Quests (EEQ) or "eeks." Mere mortals tend to exclaim "Eek!" when they hear how much elevation gain is involved.
The smallest EEQ will have you geeking out about how much elevation gain you eked out with your gloriously thick quads, shapely calves and diesel engine glutes (11,028').
And The Queen of All EEQs creaks in with enough elevation gain for you to summit a Himalayan peak. And it's been done before, in case you were wondering.
And Live a Little F-U-N!
All of our ride options are 100% worth doing. They are The Door to Personal Excellence and The Yardstick of Quality. They also come with complimentary pain, difficulty, glory and the aforementioned F-U-N.
Cyclists participating in any of the 719 Ride options assume all responsibility and liability for their actions and own safety, and should obey all traffic laws.
All participants must sign the USA Cycling waiver of liability to participate in the event.
An Essay from the course that cannot be defeated
Every course constructed is imbued with a purpose by its creator. My purpose is to elevate my riders. To take them where they want to go.
I achieve my purpose by being relentless and unwavering, and I am good at what I do.
I am untiring. I do not succumb. I am never-ending and never defeated, for I am always ready for another lap.
As I was in the past, I am now and ever shall be; I am a route without end.
A Colorado Springs Original
First conceived and ridden in 2016, the 719 Ride aspires to be a bicycle event that contributes to the culture and community of Colorado Springs. The 719 Ride hopes to ride in the draft of the many existing and long-established Colorado cycling events we all love and to become a positive part of the Colorado Springs tradition and identity. FORZA Colorado Springs!